The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Gotta give a tremendous shout out to Ellie Mack of the quotidiandose blog for nominating me and I expect my pie in the mail!
Eleven Qweshes for me? Ugh, well here I go.
- What genres do you read and write? Why? I read some of everything – except for that Harlequin Romance novel stuff. I just… I can’t do it. I like to escape into a good book; I’ve been reading since I was four so it’ll be hard to stop now.
- Are you a pantser or a plotter? Oh, I’m a notorious pantser.
- Is there a writer that inspires you, perhaps got you interested in writing in the first place? It’s clichéd but Stephen King inspires me. Oddly enough, I got into writing because of art and my twin, Spider Juice.
- If you could talk to any three people dead or alive who would they be? Ankhunaton, Zora Neale Hurston, and S.A. Diop.
- Describe your work space. Two words: disaster area.
- Who is your favorite author? We’ve been through this: Stephen King. He happened to have written one of my favorite books so by default he’s the fav.
- If your book were made into a movie, who would play your main character? Well my first book, entitled “Forever Mine” the main character(s) could be played by Amanda Seyfried and Aisha Hinds. The other novel entitled, “The Conductor: Exodus” could be played by an upcoming actress who would make her bones with this role.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Not where I am now, that’s for sure!
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Chinese grapes. They were strange to me because I’d never had them before two-weeks ago.
- What foods coax your muse into productivity? To look at me you would think so but I’m not an emotional eater so no food does. However, music coaxes the muses (I have two) and it depends on what the story is and where it takes place.
- Coffee or tea? What’s your favorite, how do you like it, and in what quantity? Tea. With honey or bare naked if it has its own spices – and by the cupper.
So here are 11 facts about me. Or ARE they facts…?
For one: I’m shy.
Second: Although people mistake me for a dude because of the way I write and/or express myself, I am NOT.
Third: I am not of the belief that articulation is monopolized by English speaking Europeans and/or their progeny, therefore I don’t see the big deal about William Shakespeare.
Fourth: I think Shakespeare is a cool name.
Fifth: I’ve owned two white Jaguar XJ6 models at one point in my life.
Sixth: I watch a LOT of PBS. In fact, I’m known to say, “PBS is my cable.”
Seventh: I don’t have cable. Or Dish Network or FiOS.
Eighth: I have a PhD in Sarcasm with my thesis being, “The Finer Points of Being Rude: When You Finally Must Tell Them You Just Don’t Give A Fork!”
Ninth: I just spelled “ninth” wrong – I was gonna put, “nineth”. My bad.
Tenth: I love the words inveigle, obfuscate, perspicacious, and solipsistic. And yes, I know what they mean.
And finally: I don’t usually do these kinda things on a count of my acute paranoia. But Ellie Mack is cool so here I am.
So I’m supposed to ask youse guys some questions and here they are:
1. Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, or Stevie Ray Vaughan? Briefly explain your choice.
2. If you could talk to 3 people living or dead, who would they be? (I like that question so I’m repeating it.)
3. If the Harry Potter series was the same story we know and love, wizards, Hogwarts and all BUT Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley were a little Black boys and Hermione Granger was a Puerto Rican girl, would you have honestly bothered to pick up the books for yourself or your kids?
4. If you had to turn off your cell phone for a week each month to save humanity, would you be: A) A couple bill is too many damn people anyway! B) I guess I’ll have to rearrange my calling schedule. C) For humankind, I turn off my iPhone! D) Send a mass text that says: Bye bitches!
5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
6. What percentage of the Jeopardy questions do you think Alex Trebek actually knows?
7. Is anyone purchasing BluRay disks or are DVDs still good enough for you?
8. If given the choice would you be a Ninja, Samurai, or Shaolin Monk? Briefly explain why.
9. Do you think “religious” people could be good friends with heathens?
10. For those who are talented and artistic and KNOW this to be true, how do you deal with lesser minds giving you “criticism” that is nothing more than snark trying to derail your momentum.
11. Paper books or eBooks? Discuss.
My nomineez ARE…
I hereby nominate the following eleven bloggers to receive the Liebster Award!
- Sian Young http://siansblogonwriting.blogspot.com/
- Cathy Brockman http://networkedblogs.com/zNjIM
- Joe McCoubrey http://joemccoubrey.com/
- Tasha Turner http://tasha-turner.com/blog/
- Dana Ellington Myles http://satinsheetdiva.com/
- Jiva Fang http://www.jivafang.com/
- Nadège Rodgers http://authornadegerichards.blogspot.com/
- Katherine Gilraine http://katherinegilraine.com/
- We Know City http://weknowcity.tumblr.com/
- thru 11. Listen, I tried to find folks who had tiny but potent blogs like myself but I got people who are doing the damm thang and I’ll be there too. So those who I did list, shux they’ll prolly be over 2hunnit by the time I post this!
Now that that’s done, it’s your turn. Here are the rules to this here: